Skip to main content

Post-Goal Poem

It's been ages since I've thought about
them, these words
After a big project I dive deep and deeper
into the dark depths of what's next
and what if
I can never do better than that?

stop go. Stop go. Hurry up and wait.
This space feels like everything I fear
closed, judgmental, and alone

I think back
only a few months ago I was open and thriving
and connected. Now, here I am alone.
As happiness evades, my routine crumbles
slowly and I stand

In the wake of my destruction
knowing it's time to clean house
to move again into a routine
and to make time for me.

If I can feel deeply proud of achieving,
I can feel the deep shame of not.
So, standing taking stock
seems so trivial

But we need to recover our energies
just as much as we need to use them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motto

Did i have time to cultivate Or cultivate an addiction Can you A thunderstorm wages outside And inside. Sometimes, i start to make a speech and people will listen to me and i just think - who am i to speak? I dont know anything. What do i sound like to others? Am i up my own ass? Affirmations are exhausting. They take so much of your energy. So do creaky beds. So get to a place on the ground where you can grow roots. A family home. Your own family home. Get your affairs in order. Think of the future like a friend. Treat your friend kindly. Treat your present too. I am in a thunderstorm. I want to watch it but I'm scared. Do I have a mental illness or am I just extremly sensitive to thunderstorms? We need to have a National Support day. Where all the people who support someone could get the day off. I am in a thunderstorm. Sometimes I hear sounds I think are energy. I must not be the only one. As a family I want my motto to be live long and prosper.

If i were rich

If i were rich i would accept only 1 form of communication from fans. My family could choose a few more. As face to face is just a part of family. Anyway. I would only accept written letters for 5 years, then songs for 5 years, then smells for 5 years.. then i think i would ask for secrets.