Who I am now would have astounded 8 year old me.
I used to think that when I was 33, I would have been an internationally known author.
Married.
Living in a high rise in the big city.
Having lived overseas.
Having travelled alone.
Having making love on a beach in the middle of nowhere.
Having lived.
maybe with a capital L.
and
so to my eight year old self - thank you. Thank you for dreaming. I have lived all those things. I have celebrated. I have danced with band aids wrapped on my feet to a song I had never heard before at 9am. Oh and I have gone to Bachaturo twice.
and half me.
Lives there still. I have met her. I will not tell you who. but, when I was there, I met her.
The me that lived there.
and suddenly I was at peace.
I know.
What is mindfulness and yoga and whatever?
It's remembering that you actually know.
It's
I know
I remember
I am
Ok.
I know
I remember
I am
Ok.
Ok.
You live here.
I used to think that when I was 33, I would have been an internationally known author.
Married.
Living in a high rise in the big city.
Having lived overseas.
Having travelled alone.
Having making love on a beach in the middle of nowhere.
Having lived.
maybe with a capital L.
and
so to my eight year old self - thank you. Thank you for dreaming. I have lived all those things. I have celebrated. I have danced with band aids wrapped on my feet to a song I had never heard before at 9am. Oh and I have gone to Bachaturo twice.
and half me.
Lives there still. I have met her. I will not tell you who. but, when I was there, I met her.
The me that lived there.
and suddenly I was at peace.
I know.
What is mindfulness and yoga and whatever?
It's remembering that you actually know.
It's
I know
I remember
I am
Ok.
I know
I remember
I am
Ok.
Ok.
You live here.
Comments
Post a Comment